Muslim Students Association West (MSA West) is a nonprofit organization with a network of 28 Muslim student groups at college campuses throughout the state of California, representing more than 3,000 students. We serve the needs for the larger Muslim student community through programs aimed at training and developing leaders to uplift and institutionalize the Muslim student voice. MSA West is seeking a full-time coordinator to manage campaigns addressing issues impacting our communities in California.
● Strong commitment to social justice and civil rights;
● Excellent written and oral communication skills;
● Ability to work independently, think creatively, and prioritize multiple tasks;
● Openness and ability to adapt and respond to changes in the environment;
● Ability to work collaboratively with multi-ethnic, multi-generational, or multi-sector communities;
● Experience with the issue areas of discrimination (based on race, religion, gender, etc.) and mental health;
● Flexible working hours including some evenings and weekends;
● Frequent travel throughout California; and
● Reliable transportation required.
● Experience in community organizing strongly preferred;
● Experience in developing and leading issue-based campaigns preferred;
● Experience working with Muslim communities and students strongly preferred;
● Master’s degree or other advanced degree preferred.
Work with Board of Directors on… Advocacy
● Actively collaborate with MSA affiliates on joint campaigns or efforts to address emerging issues or needs of local community groups;
● Collaborate with Board of Directors and Board of Trustees on organizational initiatives;
● Able to implement, supervise and delegate advocacy efforts;
● Facilitate advocacy trainings;
● Develop rapid response services to refer students to during incidents of crisis (e.g., hate crimes, sexual violence, mental health, discrimination, etc.).
● Provide capacity-building support and technical assistance to Muslim student groups throughout the west coast, utilizing an issue-based campaign framework to introduce the fundamental aspects of building power;
● Develop and implement a comprehensive and innovative community outreach and engagement plan targeting key community leaders and relevant organizations whose work is aligned with the vision and mission of organization.
● Implement and facilitate workshops/trainings around conflict resolution and leadership development
● Assist the BOD with other tasks as assigned.
START DATE: ASAP
SALARY / BENEFITS: Salary commensurate with experience; benefits include health insurance coverage.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, as soon as they are received. To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Please note, only candidates whose skills and experience most closely complement the requirements of the position will be contacted directly. No phone inquiries. MSA West is an equal opportunity employer.