Muslim Student Association West (MSA West) is a grassroots organization comprised of Muslim Student Associations (MSAs) representing campuses across the West Coast of the United States. We are a cohesive coalition of Muslim students united for the sake of Allah (God) who aim to embody the concepts of unity, strength, and activism.
What is MSA West ?
MSA West aspires to develop Muslim student leaders across the West Coast into Islamically literate, God-conscious and socially conscious servant-leaders who exhibit Prophetic character, unwavering principles, effective communication, creative resourcefulness, and are empowered to be catalysts for change in their MSAs and surrounding communities.
MSA West strives to establish Islam as the forefront of all movements by speaking the truth, increasing awareness, dissolving stereotypes, resisting oppression, and strengthening the bond between Muslims worldwide— starting with our own campuses.
- Provide resources to MSAs in order to foster their growth and development.
- Facilitate collaboration between MSAs by establishing communication lines and networks, as well as by coordinating collective events.
- Create a powerful and effective voice allowing MSAs to build impacts on issues affecting the Muslim community.
MSA West is built on the legacies of the global Islamic movement and the Civil Rights movement. MSA West advocates a notion of a Muslim student community that is:
- Deeply Spiritual
- Fiqh (Jurisprudence) Balanced
- Gender Balanced
- Service Oriented
- Shura (Consultation) Based
email us at email@example.com